Is your skin Dry or Dehydrated?
Dry Vs Dehydrated Skin
Is your skin dry or dehydrated ?
Often these are though to be the same thing however both have different characteristic and have different needs. Both can feel flaky, Itchy, sensitive or tight with a dull appearance.
- Lacks sebum (oil)
- Is a natural condition from birth, can worsen and be more noticeable as we age.
- Skin feels dry all over, including hands and scalp
- Is more likely to show early signs of ageing
- Constantly feels like it needs moisturiser, increasing in winter
- Needs oil rich products
- Lacks water
- Can be experienced by anyone, at any age
- Can also be oily at the same time - often dehydrated skin will produce more oil to over compensate for the lack of water
- Skin may have breakouts or comedones (block pores/blackheads)
- Influences by other factors, diet, lifestyle, incorrect products
- Needs water rich, hydrating products